Copyright © 2018 PostCity Financial Credit Union. All rights reserved.
A Proud Postal Legacy
In 1933, in the midst of the Great Depression, PostCity Financial Credit Union was founded as Long Beach Postal Credit Union by a small group of postal workers. Our founders believed pooling their money would provide more affordable financial services for everyone. Their vision became reality and we've provided affordable financial solutions for our members for over 80 years.
In 2005, we expanded our membership eligibility area to include the counties of Orange, Los Angeles, San Bernardino and Riverside. To better reflect our new service area, we changed our name from Long Beach Postal Credit Union to Southern California Postal Credit Union.
In 2014, the credit union again chartered new territory and changed its name to PostCity Financial Credit Union to reflect a more modern vision of our historical roots. The new name remains true to our membership, yet also denotes the larger geographical area we now serve. While our name has changed, we stay faithful to our heritage of serving postal workers and their families. We place a high value on service to, and respect for, the thousands of postal employees who have helped us thrive for over 80 years.
2014: Southern California Postal Credit Union Changes Our Name...But Not Our Mission..... PostCity Financial Credit Union!
In June 2014, Southern California Postal Credit Union reached a significant new milestone in our history as we changed our name to PostCity Financial Credit Union!
- We are proud to serve members across California (not just in Southern California) and our new name reflects the members we serve now and in the years ahead.
- We've served U.S. Postal Service employees and their families for over 81 years, and we're tremendously proud of these roots and our history. Our new name and logo remain true to our postal heritage.
- Our name may have changed, but our commitment to proudly serving postal workers is not.
- You can continue to expect the same friendly personal service from the staff you know and trust.
- We look forward to serving our family of members—and many new generations of members—for many years to come!
“I’ve been a member of PostCity Financial Credit Union since I joined the USPS as a Mailhandler in 2005.
Since that time, PostCity has given me the opportunity to establish a strong credit history by granting loans to me and my family to purchase cars, and help with our overall financial life.
They have always been there for me when I needed them, instead of just saying, “No”.
In my opinion, PostCity is far ahead of all other financial institutions. Their service and staff make everything easy – including access to my accounts by phone or in person!
Thank you PostCity Financial, for always being there for me and my family!” --Gregory Paul Steptoe, LAX/ISC – Tour 1